Electronic Arts has released SimCity for Mac as a digital only release after a delay of several months.
When you purchase SimCity, you gain access to both the PC and Mac versions. And if you already own SimCity for PC, you will find that the Mac version is automatically accessible through Origin. SimCity for Mac is digital-only release. There is no separate disk version at this time. Both the PC and Mac version share the same servers, so you can play with your friends no matter what platform they are on. This also means that both versions will receive the game updates simultaneously.
The company also discussed some of the improvements its made to SimCity in the past few months.
● New Region Maps Edgewater Bay/Granite Lake: In Update 4, we released our first free region map, Edgewater Bay. This map is unique as it contains seven city sites in one cluster surrounded by a beautiful bay with one Great Work site in the center. It also contains a lot of flat land, in case you want to build a bustling casino city or a tourist haven. In Update 6, we released our second free region map, Granite Lake, containing two clusters of cities connected by a large lake and many, many mountains. If you like a challenge, this is the region for you.
● SimCity Launch Park: This park was also released with Update 4 and is dedicated to our early adopters, like you.
● New Hotels: With Update 3, we added 24 new hotel buildings to give cities more variety.
● Improved Region Wall Chat: Update 5 improved the region wall chat with a new look and functionality. Chat now functions more efficiently. Time stamps show on chat messages on rollover. Regional events are easier to read and can be toggled on and off.
● RCI Building Variations: To add even more variety to your cities, we added 84 height and color variations to the residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
● Raise/Lower Road Tool: This tool allows you to raise and lower roads, giving you the option to build both bridges and tunnels in your city to not only give you new ways to design your city, but also give you more options to control your traffic.
● Houses of Worship Set: The free Houses of Worship set includes 4 brand new buildings that increase the happiness of your Sims. In addition to the righteous emotional boost, the House of Worship buildings are free to place and do not require any maintenance (though you are limited to four buildings in a city). The House of Worship buildings are also available to all wealth levels, so anyone can visit.
You can purchase SimCity from here for $39.99. The Digital Deluxe version is $59.99.